Monday, February 4, 2008

A Chingachgook Winter



Have you ever been to Camp with snow on the ground? Camp has a very different, exciting feel to it in the winter time. Believe it or not, in the winter, you can see the Junior Boys Unit from the dining hall. You can see the Senior Girls Unit from the parking lot. Chingachgook is a winter wonderland this time of year. Plus the lake has just frozen which means in a couple of weeks I'll be daring enough to walk to Dome Island! I'll use a pair of snowshoes, maybe some treking poles, and begin the mile long hike. This makes me think...what would you do at Camp if you were to visit in the winter months? Let me know what you'd do and I'll make reference to it in the March edition of the Chinga Bugle! Remember, now there is only 147 days until session one, 161 days until session two, 175 days until session three, 182 days until session four, 189 days until session five and only 196 days until session six!

No comments: