Monday, September 22, 2008

The search for Chinga 2009 begins...

Sure it might sound like an adventure, but the task of finding staff, campers, and even alumni is much harder then you might think. I decided this September to try and look in some unconventional places to build a winner for next summer. After Josh and I tried unsucessfully to find anyone at the Philadelphia Phillies game, I thought hmmm, maybe we have exhausted our options on the east coast. Let me head out to California to try my luck. So far I have met one person who had a sister that went to Chingachgook in the early 80's. Where did I meet this person? Alcatraz of course! Don't worry parents, I asked, Alcatraz's counselor release program ended when the prison closed in 1963. But it would have been a great addition to our program right? In the last couple of days I have searched at an Oakland Athletic's Game, near the Golden State Bridge, Alcatraz, and in the California Redwoods. Any place I'm forgetting? Pretty soon I'll head south a little more and look around Anaheim and Los Angeles...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't believe you didn't find a nature lover in the Redwoods. If you are looking for someone "out of the ordinary", try Lombard Street in SanFrancisco. You can often find unique people in unique places! Good luck on your search