Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hike Prep Day!

Hike prep day at Camp is filled with many things to do, just like any other day at Camp. We start out with a late breakfast, juniors arrived at 9 and seniors at 930. Immediately after breakfast, all of Camp meets in Rotary Lodge for a presentation from the program staff that talks about things to bring on your hike and things not to bring on your hike. Lunch is as usual, so is rest hour, and then each hike group meets throughout the afternoon discussing every little detail about their upcoming adventure. Where they are sleeping, how they're getting there, what food will they be eating, and of course, where will I go to the bathroom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...you guys r killin me! Ha! I'm loggin on 10 x's a day hopin & prayin for new pics on the photo page. I LOVE reading your blog everyday and don't mean to whine...but could u guys update/post more pictures on the photo page? Last year I could catch glimpses of my kids, here & there as the session progressed, in the pics...but I havent see my son who's there once yet! I miss him to death! You can laugh all ya want, but put a mom outta her misery! lol

Anonymous said...

To the mom needing pix ... this dad understands. Have you looked at the Parent Communicator page (look for the link on the left-hand side of the Camp Life blog, and register if you haven't already. The camp has posted hundreds of pix there for those of us looking for our kid's smiling face. The Camp Life blog is just a new bonus this year, and doesn't replace the scores of posted photos.

Anonymous said...

I think the pictures are great, but I too am also looking for some of my kids. It seems as if there are very few taken of the junior groups, especially the youngest junior girls. Can you take more?? That said, the blog and the photos albums really give an idea of what they are doing, and it looks fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh to the dad that responded re me needing to see pics and camp staff!...I'm a total ding dong! I never looked in the drop down box to see that there are a whole bunch more albums of session 3! Thanks SO much for your blog.